Saturday, February 24, 2007

and whispers, "hello I miss you quite terribly."

tonight, my pen
moves fluidly across this page
marking what is clinging
to my overflowing brain.
with each line
I digress furthermore
down an unpaved road
of uncertain things,
like you.

I'm writing to you again
words you will never hear
not from me at least
I write letters to you
that you will never receive
in envelopes that don't exist
I'm writing my thoughts
strung sloppily into sentences
and they just float in the air
circling around my head at first
then flying softly around the room
before settling somewhere
near my lips
not on them, but nearby
just in case I see you one day
and my sloppily-strung sentences
all spill out for your ears to hear.
but chances are,
that won't ever happen
so my words curl up
and get comfortable around my lips
keeping one eye open
just in case
and the other eye closed
...just another poem about you,
uncertain you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like this

Anonymous said...

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Emily's a poet
-

Anonymous said...

hahaha james, i feel as though you need to finish this poem