Sunday, October 22, 2006

THIS is the life...

oh my. so, i had another amazing weekend with my friends and family!

Friday night, most of "the crew" (kayla, mitch, bry, james, matt, zeb, aubs, caely), came to Ames... plus those of us already in Ames (Austin, Zach, Cort, Tim, JR, Mike, me), and so we spent many hours together doing lots of fun things. Let's see... we went to Old Chicago for pizza, chilled at the hookah bar, walked around campustown, made a pit stop at kum n go, enjoyed some chips & salsa while we hung out in zach & mike's room, visited andy & austin's dorm, ran in the freezing cold + rain away from a scary man who wanted caely, aubrey and me to "come with him", watched the movie Tommy Boy with everybody in zach & mike's, and aubs and cae slept the night in mahh roooom! basically, it was a grrrreat night.

Saturday, after Caely and Aubrey left to go back home, I spent the afternoon with the fam, well, my momma and my sista. We had lunch together at the udcc, had delicious coffee at Santa Fe, and then froze our butts off at the ISU vs. Texas Tech football game! It was fantastic! in a cold...sort of way! haha. We had a blast, and like I told them, there's no one else I'd rather freeze all afternoon with than them. We lost, obviously, but we had some quality time together and I loved it. After the game, my mom and I went back to West Des Moines for the rest of the weekend. yay! That night was the best night ever. After ATA's show in Winterset, everyone met at James' house at 10 to celebrate his birthdayyyy. There were so many people there, it was a ton of fun seeing everyone! We ate cheesecake and talked a while sitting in James' kitchen, then moved the party downstairs for the rest of the evening. They put a movie on, but I didn't feel like watching a movie at ALL. Haha, ok so some very funny things happened throughout the night. First off, Zach is crazy. He not only did his monkey impression, but he became a sphinx and it made lindsey, kayla and i crack up for like an hour or something! I found out Caely is amazing at ping pong, she even beats her gym teachers! hahaha. Luke, on the other hand, is not. heh heh. Ummm.. oh yeah! Zach and I found out we are pretty much the equivalent of a brother-sister relationship without that whole biological factor...thanks to Aubrey, and, well, ourselves. We fight and bicker and pick on each other (him verbally, me nonverbally), but... according to Aubrey from her own experiences with her real bros, "yeah you do all that stuff, but you never stop loving 'em." I got all mad, and Zach got mad because I was mad, haha, and so for a good 10 minutes we stood and yelled at each other in the middle of James' basement... but then all the sudden, we were laughing, and didnt care. I dont even know, i honestly cant explain it except what Aubs said. haha, oh goodness.

Most people started to leave around midnight, but as always... James, Kayla, Zach, Mitch, and I stayed til like 2 a.m. After realizing it was absolutely freezing outside, and James decided he was too tired to stand up and went to bed, the those of us remaining drove to my house. We hottubbed and it was absolutely amazing! Soo relaxing, there was so much steam coming off our bodies haha, because it was sooo cold out but we were sooo hot from the water. Well, after about an hour, we all got out, and Kayla and I decided to have some fun in my room before we changed back into our clothes.. so we took about 30 pictures with her digital camera and i think every one of them made us crack up until we fell to the floor and rolled around. It was HILARIOUS, let me tell ya. So i think the four of us parted ways at about 3:30 a.m.! man I was tired! but those amazing times with my friends are worth not getting much sleep.

Today, I devoted a bajillion pictures that had been on my camera since August up until now, ate some Panera, and hung out at home with the fam. I even got to see my Nana today unexpectedly! :-) Zach and I drove back here to Ames at about 4, and so i've been hanging out in my room ever since. I did some homework, had two cups of hot tea, ate a lot, taken a shower, watched tv with catherine, aaand.... now I am very tired. so now I am going to bed.

All in all, excellent weekend. :-)

Love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so basically, we needed to hang out more. i feel like i barely saw you this weekend. that should change. let me know next time you are coming home (my mom won't let me go to ames)