Thursday, October 26, 2006

tuesday and wednesday happiness.

Tuesday:

the tuesday lunch bunch (for once all 4 of us were present! cort, erin, jamie, and me) had some good laughs and good conversations once again. random snippings:

to me: "why wont you just walk me to class!" --cort
"cort i have a question for you." --erin
**theoretical discussion on anti-semitism**
to cort: "so when do you want me to come over, 2:30?" --me
"i'm gonna go to class... then take a shower." --cort
"is that a yes?" --me
**just looks at me**
"ok i'm just gonna be over at 2:30 then, whether you want me to or not." --me
**cort says goodbye to us all, walks away to take his lunch tray and leave**
**all the sudden, he's standing next to our table again**
"so i have a theory. and this is going to make me late for class, but...." --cort
**we listen**
**we laugh**
the end.

that was funny to me, but probably not to anyone else. :-)

the rest of my Tuesday was great. Cort and I did our Library 160 hmwrk on his couch for about an hour and 15 minutes. He admitted he probably wouldnt have gotten the motivation to do it himself if i hadnt come over to do it with him, haha. We got a tonnn done! Then he checked his email and was on his computer for awhile, while i sprawled out on the couch and read The New York Times. JR woke up from his nap and left, then all the sudden I was sound asleep! I woke up at 5:30 and Cort was asleep in his loft with his Bible next to him. I guess the library homework pretty much sedated us or something... yeah. So I played super mario for 15 minutes, left sleeping Cort a note, and left to eat dinner at the udcc with Jamie! That night, all I did was study and work on hmwrk.... like for hours and hours! ugh. it was yucky. I studied for my geology midterm for over an hour, then gave up and decided i was not going to stress out about it at all. it felt good to just be calm and feel peaceful, even with a yucky test looming over my head. i credit God with pretty much all of my peace as of late. i have been reading so much of the Word and praying much more than usual, and i am finding it makes life so much better. i feel so close to Him.

Wednesday

Erin and I had our sister dinner night together at the udcc. It is still quite painful for me to eat and drink, with my awful cankor sores :-( but I think it's slowly getting less painful.. very slowly. anyway, we had a wonderful talk and caught up on our weeks. I helped her a little with some issues that had been going on earlier that day with her, and it made me feel happy to know I helped out my sister. Even though she's older than me, sometimes I feel like I can fill that older-sister role when she's having a hard time. We have each others backs, when one is down the other helps bring you back up :-). Her boyfriend, Brian, surprised her from behind and also made her feel a lot better about things, it was really cute. Erin and I decided to go to the Lied rec center later and play raquetball and soccer! yay! we took the bus at like 7:30, so from 7:45 til 9 we had some fun at the rec center. we were doing so well at raquetball, seriously we were rocking that court! haha.

afterwards, erin went back to friley and i stopped in at birch to see Mike and Zach! i watched laguna beach, haha, and mike kinda watched it with me... he was trying to act like he wasnt wanting to watch it.. but i think he kinda did... lol. then zach got back from dodgeball. so the rest of the night we hung out together. i hung out with them and josh, and mike thomason, and duncan. at one point, i played this cool basketball video game with mike thomason in his room, haha, first against mike, and then against duncan. i was pretty good, and its kind of an addicting game! well it was late, very late, haha, so yeah i said goodbye to everyone and walked out the side door of birch to walk home. duncan saw me and was like 'hey, are you leaving?' i said yes, then he said, 'well i'll walk you back!' :-) haha so he walked me home!!!!!!! and we talked the whole way back about swimming and soccer and stuff. it was cute. :-) he is so easy to talk with. it was a nice night to take a walk. it made me happy.

that's all i had to write about. i think i'm going to take the rest of this day and just relax, and do homework, maybe curl up later and watch a movie or tv. yeahhh. love! <3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww! sounds fun (mostly) i miss you!

Anonymous said...

ope! added more pictures on the blog...you may be in another one or two. haha