Monday, September 24, 2007

Up too late ONCE again :(

Just some points I'd like to, uhhh, point out:

-today? weirdest day I've had in a while, what a freaking roller coaster of emotions. and no it's not that time of month.

-Halo 3 came out midnight tonight. I am curious to see how many people will not be going to class tomorrow so they can huddle up in their rooms and play this much-anticipated video game all day and all night, and all day and all night, and so on and so forth.

-regarding my psych class (Social Psychology 280) today... cognitive dissonance? this whole idea just bothers the heck out of me! and perhaps I will explain why at a later time.

-Mostly I have days where I marvel at all that I possess, and how blessed I am. but sometimes I have a day or two where I focus on everything I don't have, and want very badly, and ultimately can't have because I have no money to spend on anything but necessities..... and coffee and the occasional junk food binge. you know. Today was the latter. It's stupid, but I really just want a new dress to wear that makes me look really cute, but there's no way I can just spend $50 or $60 dollars on a piece of clothing without being disowned from the family. For real.

-Last night was a turning point in a relationship, and I'm so glad I have someone who can lead me back to the right thing and not the wrong thing.

-Hey... almost 3 months. that's pretty cool. :)

-I am learning all about marijuana in my health studies drug education class, and the more I learn the more I cringe when I think about what people are doing to their brains every time they want to get high. It seriously makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it. I never realized the effects that drugs have on the very cells that everything we do to live depend on, and how every time you inhale marijuana you are robbing the cell of necessary nutrients that leads to a loss of cell energy and then retards the growth, maturation, and optimal function of every cellular system. I think you're pretty stupid if you choose to do that to yourself because you want to feel high for a little while.

-Overall, I am now getting less sleep on average than I used to at the beginning of the school year. This always happens, ugh!!!! I have to get back my sleep system where I'm not up past 12:30 on most nights during the week!! Sleep really does make everything better... seriouslyyyy.

-I am learning more in my Law & Politics (Pol. S. 319-TAKE IT) class than I have learned in all of my classes combined probably from the past year and 2 months or so. It's incredible!!!!! I even started looking at the possibility of going Pre-Law. Yeah... can you even imagine? Sheesh. Anyway, it's a very difficult class. Every day I am forced to learn an entire new language of terms and words and definitions and how to apply them to the law.... on top of that, we must read hundreds of pages of supreme court cases full of dissenting opinions, the majority opinion, complex discussions on original and appellate jurisdiction and substantive due process rights and procedural due process rights... and then apply Amendments of the Constitution and Legislative History and mix in the personalities of Supreme Court Justices and the times at which these cases were decided, and figure out what they're saying and analyze them down to the very last millimeter of information, and then apply all of that in ways that we can analytically discuss in multiple-essay question exams. It makes my head spin every second of every day pretty much, but I can't help but love it!!!

My benadryl is kicking in so I need to turn out the light! the end. <3

No comments: