Sunday, September 10, 2006

Happy Birthday, Bryan Daniel Wentworth!

ok well, times are still kind of hard right now, um, in the sense that... I've got a lot going on... like emotionally, psychologically, and physically too. but, a had a nice weekend at home again. this time, i didn't go home just for the sake of me wanting to go home because i miss it, i went home to see my boys play a show in waukee on saturday night. so i went to that and just had a really good time seeing everyone... like Sam, Cort, obviously the ATA guys, James, Kayla, Lindsey, and many other fantastic people that I love. I had the opportunity to spend some time talking to two of my favorite parents in the whole world (besides my own)-- Dan and Ruth Wentworth. I just love them to death!!! I loved watching the guys play, as always, but it was great this time because it had been quite a while since the last show I saw. I feel as if this was show number 50 or something.. haha.. nah, they haven't played that many shows, but it sure feels like I've seen a bunch. and I love it every time.

After the show, everyone went back to the Wentworth's house and we celebrated Bry's 18th birthday like one big family! Bry blew out the candles on his cheesecake after we sang a lovely rendition of "happy birthday" to him. haha. it was wonderful. we turned some tuneskies on and it was just a party, lots of fun. I definitely spent some quality time with Luke, and I even got to spend some time with Kayla's brother Blake, who I found to be a really awesome person... we even shared our FIRST hug!! haha. I don't know about anybody else, but like when I meet someone and have like that first time of actual "hanging out" with them, and then you say goodbye and part ways... and you get to that awkward moment where you are about to hug, but you've never hugged before so you're wondering what it's going to be like..... haha, so yeah I always say something about it to take away the awkwardness of the situation. like, hey we can have our first hug! yay!! lol. thankfully, it was a great hug. i dont know what i would have done if it was just a really sucky hug.... probably make him try again or something, yeah.. pretty much. :-)

this morning, as in Sunday morning... I played hookie and did not attend church. I slept in for the first time in a LONGGG TIME! I never get to sleep in during the week because I always have 9 oclock class... and then Saturday I had to wake up early for an event for my Hixson scholarship, so I definitely took advantage of Sunday morning and slept in until noon. It was absolutely superb. YES. superb. My mom played hookie too so we layed around together with my dogs and enjoyed the lazy afternoon. such a gloomy day today... with the constant rain and everything. I finished my political science homework, this week we are diving in to theories about World War I, aka the Great War... so I am excited! Not as excited as I would be if we were at the point of discussing World War II, but excited nonetheless, that's for sure.

Zach came over around 5:15 and we sat in my basement for a half an hour and chilled and talked until we left to come back to Ames. haha, he made me feel bad for being lazy... but at least I didnt lose my cell phone, lose my ISU card, OR forget my car keys like he did all in the course of last week. haha. oh, Zach... I still love you.

I feel a lot of appreciation for my friends right now... just appreciation for how they make me feel, and that they love me, and that their presences just lift me up right when I need to be lifted up the most. They really are gifts from God, my heavenly Father who loves me so much. What a great thing to know... that I am loved.

I get to sleep in tomorrow because I don't have my Engl. 105 class all this week... basically because my professor is sweeeeeet! so my first class is at 11, and it's my JLMC 101 lecture class... which I pretty much love. ok. I'm pumped. goodnight <3

No comments: