Tuesday, November 14, 2006

You are HOLY, HOLY...

Today was an INCREDIBLE day.
An incredibly GOD-FILLED day!

After my two classes, Erin and I went to lunch. Cort joined, and we caught up with each other and stayed there talking long after Erin had left. Then, we picked a movie to watch. You see, for the past 3 or 4 weeks now, Cort and I have eaten lunch, picked out a movie, and watched it in his room. The 2nd week, if I recall correctly, I began to remininsce on things that were happening exactly one year ago- so at the end of October, beginning of November. I remembered... falling in love with Starbucks, keeping Cort company at Starbucks while he worked, which also made me remember how much Cort and I's friendship grew during those days one year ago, and then... we both came to it-- MOVIE MONDAYS!! Every Monday, a group of us would head over to Bryan Wentworth's wonderful abode and watch a movie after school, right around 5:30/6:00. We would also eat lots and lots, as Mrs. Wentworth was always so generous to cook us up something wonderful or even order us pizza. A couple of us would even bring our homework (mostly me, Sam, and Tim... haha). We watched the sweetest movies ever, usually seasonal ones now that I think of it! Such as... Jingle All The Way, The Santa Clause, and we even watched The Princess Bride as the first official "Movie Monday".

So... as it dawned on me and Cort, we decided that we have created "Movie Tuesday". of course, it will never replace Movie Monday... but, as we are both up here at Iowa State, and we both usually hang out on Tuesdays anyway... why not enjoy a movie and dub it something sweet like Movie Tuesday! exactly. Today we watched Narnia. Sheesh, I loooove that movie! Anyway, when it ended, Cort and I had a great conversation centered around the One thing we love most in life, our Lord Almighty! It is so exciting to sit down with a brother in Christ and talk about the Bible and our lives together, and to watch the other's growth as they walk with the Lord. It's amazing! Well, we got hungry and went to eat dinner at the udcc, as time had passed faster than we both expected I suppose. Afterwards, Cort left and I went upstairs to say hi to mr. Brian Scott. I ended up hanging out with him, Bret, Alex, Saul (sp?), and another kid named Eric for quite a long time as they ate a plethora of strawberry jello cake! It was a very fun time indeed!

Tonight, I studied and did homework in Brian's room, then did some in Jamie's room when Brian went to a meeting, then returned back to Brian's room. Brian asked me a question I had not been asked in quite sometime- "so what's your story? you know, your God story?"... uhh, you mean, my testimony?? "yeah, your God story!" So I ended up talking for what felt like a very long time, one-on-one with Brian, and told him my testimony. It was the most refreshing thing I've felt in a while! Not to mention, the whole time pretty much I was studying in there with him, we were listening to our favorite worship songs, and I was doing my daily devotional by reading through some chapters in Romans and writing prayers to God in my journal. Sometimes we were both just singing the words to "Holy Is The Lord" and "Blessed Be Your Name" and smiling big goofy smiles, because we were both so full of the Spirit. Oh man, it was incredible. And it was a great time for me to get to know Brian, especially now as he is dating my sis. The whole time was just blessed. And then, when it was time for me to come home and get to bed, we prayed together. :-)

I end with this-

"I cry holy, holy begotten Son of God
Ancient of Days...
we cry holy, holy begotten Son of God!"

"Holy, holy is the Lord Almighty... Holy, HOLY!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's super exciting chica!