Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"It's true I failed, but Your love covers me."

Today I awoke to a surge of creativity inside of me. The artistic vibe flourished and I found myself painting on my deck, listening to The Almost.

This lyric: "It's true I failed, but Your love covers me"
was the inspiration for my painting. This is how I would explain it more...

dirtiness of sin in our lives
we fail all the time
we're constantly sinning
but that is not the end
no, God gives us
new beginnings
hope for life
His sacrificial love
covers every mistake
wiping us clean of all the
dirt, grime, and ugliness
making us white as snow
His blood covers us
His love saves us

He LOVES us!
<3

So I felt those words and I turned them into colors. It's a more simple, abstract piece. Not much technique nor compositon considered, but emotion and color dominate the overall look... and a little bit of movement. I have limited supplies too, so, that kind of stinks. It took many layers to finally feel right to me, and I kept adding washes on top to polish it off. It's nothing amazing, but I like it. It'll do for now. I've been walking around my empty house singing worship songs out loud to God, well at least I hope no one was around because I'd be a little embarrassed... but uhh, I'm really focused on God today, and I feel good about that.

Love, Emily.

No comments: