Sunday, July 29, 2007

"you mean more to me than I could ever tell, so sorry that I'm taken aback, but I just can't help it!"

Here are some things from this past week:

Zach and I were working the night shift at Trop Sno, and we found ourselves with some time to kill. Hmm what could we do? Well...... we could take shots of straight flavor from the bottles? yes, let's do that. Zach took a shot of cinnamon, then we decided to pick a flavor for each other to do next. Of course I picked Cantaloupe for him, and he made me do Papaya. SICK!!!!! Then we picked for each other again, so I made him do Honeydew Melon, and he made me do Pink Grapefruit. Agh, blah, ew, uggh, yechhh. He said the Honeydew Melon was the worst, and for me it was definitely Pink Grapefruit... it burned our throats and actually made me feel kind of sick, the sourness was overwhelming and lasted long after I swallowed. But NOTHING compared to the ridiculous thing that James, Zach and myself decided to partake in next....... yes, we each took a shot of the Chocolate flavor. You may be thinking to yourself- chocolate? chocolate is good! yes, my friends, NORMAL chocolate is great. this chocolate though, mixed with shaved ice, tastes much like a nasty, old, tootsie roll combined with a turd for good measure. but the straight shot? it was like death moving down my throat. UGH!!!!! it was the nastiest thing ever, for sure. But it was funny.

Aubrey and I went 3 whole days without really talking about stuff and hanging out..... worst 3 days of my life probably, haha, no but seriously. It's ridiculous because it was only 3 days, but with it being summer you have to understand that we seriously are with each other every day.. and plus I had some very important life occurrences to inform her on, and waiting 3 days to do so was murder for us both!! So Aubs, her momma Karin, my momma and myself went out to lunch yesterday at Z'Mariks and finally reconnected :).

Immersion was good. It was centered on the isolation of groups of people and how we let our fear, pride, and apathy get in the way of reaching out and fulfilling our need to be unified as a community and to have friends, which is the way God made us to be. I'm finding more and more that I really love the style of worship music they do at Lutheran Church of Hope, it just fits me.

A certain somebody and I had a Harry Potter movie night last Tuesday, and it was one of the best nights of the summer for SURE! :) I couldn't be happier.

So... people from my church have been bringing my family meals, and seriously every time the person leaves after bringing something over I cry. I'm so grateful for people who reach out to my family, especially for my mom and my dad, and help us in these troubled times. The extent of my gratitude is inexpressible. I'm literally tearing up as I type this, just thinking about it.

My friends Mitch, Zach, and Josh came over Wednesday afternoon and spent an hour in the hot sun cleaning out our disgusting, dirty, nasty hottub that has needed to be cleaned for over 2 months I think... my dad couldn't do it because of his broken arm, then the hospital thing happened and it was just always there waiting to be done but it never got done, so my mom asked the boys to come over and do it. THey worked so hard and it smelled absolutely terrible, but they made it completely spotless and gorgeous. I cried a little in the car on the way to working at Trop after they did it, because my friends are so amazing and I take them for granted all the time. I love them so much.

I've almost completed reading a really sweet book, so I'll write about it probably in my next post. Lataaaa.
<3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww this blog has no comments so here ya go! i like your description of the chocolate flavor. Delightfully silly, but wonderfully accurate. I didn't know you knew what turds tasted like too!