Friday, July 06, 2007

"without you there is no doubt, I would break under the burden..."

I've had to deal with a lot of pain this week, but at the same time I've had more fun this week than I can sufficiently express. Sometimes I wonder how a person can enjoy life amidst so much pain and misery and weariness, but then I hit myself in the forehead and go "uh-duh!" because it's so clear: God. He provides the strength, He provides the rest, He provides everything I need when I depend on Him and trust Him. I can't believe I went so many months with my back turned to the only One who can make everything better for me. I'm so thirsty for the Word. My thoughts are more focused on what's important, being Christ-like and being a light in a dark world. I am able to withstand the pain of kidney stones time and time again, without sorrow or bitterness in my heart.

This week I have.........
worked lots, watched 4th of July fireworks with a huge group of awesome people, comforted a crying friend, been to a friend's battle of the bands, cheered The Freedom Project until my voice grew hoarse, thrown the frisbee around on multiple occasions, started hanging out with new and exciting people, had Zach sleep over at my house (on the couch, duh), watched fireworks at the Capitol downtown, had a sleepover with Aubs, partied at the Laugerman's and listened to musicians play beautiful music, sang along to every song while driving down Highway 5 with Aubrey and Zach, went to Immersion for the first time in a REALLY long time, had good conversation and good fellowship at The Wel after Immersion, tried my first Jones' Soda, worshiped my amazing God, chilled at a bonfire, went to the beach, been to an I-Cubs game at Principal Park, seen another fireworks display after the game, played frisbee in the dark with a sweet light-up frisbee, hung out with everyone at Foster's which made it feel like I was back at Iowa State, read my Bible when I was feeling down, had meaningful conversations, went out to dinner with my mom, and probably more but I can't even remember everything since there's so much! ahh!

Oh, and the not-fun stuff.... well two days in a row I had to leave work because I got kidney pain, and everything that comes with that... umm, and was bed-ridden for a few hours. One of the days, Ben and Sam came and visited me :), and today Zach and Aubs came over and kept me company for a little bit :). Uhhhhh, earlier in the week I had an episode where I couldn't even drive myself home I was in so much pain and so dizzy and nauseous. ugh. yuck. blah. yyyyeah. But you know what? I'll be ok.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your soul. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." -Matthew 11:28-30 *my life verse*

that's all<3

No comments: