Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"cause I'm learning to breathe"

it's finally here. The day of getting everything ready because tomorrow I move back to ISU. ahhhhh, finally.

Yesterday was a really awesome day. Nick and I spent the entire day together pretty much, and in Ames. so that's like a double whammy.

We started out our adventure eating lunch at Subway in the jordan creek mall because he had to get a new cell phone plan, his step-mom Barb joined us and then we spent a lot of time in the verizon wireless store... a lot. hah. then we drove to Ames, and the drive there was like a breath of fresh air, it felt like I was going home. Traffic was kinda crazy at times, but we made it there in one piece. We parked in the Martin/Eaton lot, went up to his room and saw it, tried to set up his internet, had an awkward encounter with his roommate and his roommate's gf, and took the last couple of his things up to his room like the tv and his ladder. Then we walked around Friley and found our way over to my side, where I'll be living, and my CA was there so I got her to let me into my room to see it! It'll be a tight squeeze, but I get it all to myself... I'm pumped. The no air-conditioning is gonna be a killer though. But I got through it last year, I can do it again. Then we drove to Erin's apartment and hung out with her for a little bit. Nick and I decided we both want to move into our own apartments after seeing Erin's... seriously sign me up! We drove back to Friley, made another stop in Nick's room to get his guitar, and then we drove downtown to find Keeper's guitar shop so he could get his guitar fixed. Whenever we drove somewhere I pointed out where all the good stuff in Ames is... you know, Cafe Diem, Hy-vee, Target, Pancheros, Jimmy Johns, etc. After getting the guitar business all figured out, I drove Nick to Stomping Grounds :). I got a rootbeer, my favorite kind of rootbeer EVER is from Stomping Grounds and it felt so great to taste it again... and to be inside Stomping Grounds cause I just LOVE it there. Then we had to make another stop back in Friley because Nick forgot his wallet. I went down to the 2nd floor and saw my friends Steve and Brek's room, and I got really excited to see them in just a few days. I also ran into 2 people from the Helser gang- Renee and Mike! After Nick got his wallet, he took me out to dinner at Hickory Park (my first time EVER) for my birthday dinner :). It was AMAZING. I got this Hickory barbecue chicken, with a salad and fries, and then we split a chocolate chip sundae and had the servers sing happy birthday to me. haha. Dinner was fabulous. Good conversation. Good food. what else is there? Afterwards we drove back to Friley, and I finally ran into Nick Howard, who is Nick's CA and a good friend of mine from Salt Co.! We chatted for a little while. It was so nice to see him! Then Nick and I watched tv, X-Men 2 was on and I had never seen it so that was pretty exciting. He has no seating in his room because there's seriously no room for anything, so we laid on the floor it was really cute haha.

That was pretty much my day! Today I'm going to be busy getting all of my crap ready to take to Ames tomorrow... woooo!! lataz. <3

No comments: