Monday, August 06, 2007

"...my soul has never had this feeling, and it feels like gold"


I'm just EXCITED to get back to school!
To give you a picture of what I mean...
When I'm just sitting at home, I probably walk downstairs to my basement at the least 5 times a day just to walk by and get a glimpse of all my bins and things that will finally be transferred to my new room in Friley in just a little over one week. I can't wait to get out of here. Here. It's abstract. I can't wait to get out of this place- not a specific place, just this place that I'm in right here, right now. I can't wait to be somewhere new again, to change. I can't wait to pack up the last few things in my room here in my parent's house, and just fly the coop. I get a sick feeling in my stomach just thinking about it, about all the anxiety and all the feelings swirling around because I'm looking forward to it so much and I don't think the move can come soon enough! Some moments I'm overwhelmed because it seems like there's so much more I have to do and things I have to accomplish and tasks I must finish before I move back in to college next Wednesday, but other moments I'm just dying to be there RIGHT this second and it seems like time is moving so slowly ughhhhh. You know? To be honest, I'm not eating that much. and I think it's because I'm SO eager and SO anxious and SOOO looking forward to next week that I can't find the appetite inside of me to eat food.... seriously. I eat maybe one and a half meals per day. ahh.

I'm excited for so many different reasons:

-seeing and reuniting with friends I made last year, all of the Helser gang, eating meals with Mel, Brek and Steve, tennis with Andrew, mountain dew drinking aplenty with Pitz and Andrew, Mario Party/Mario Kart with everyone, Disney movies with Bryce.
-being a sophomore, having some experience (some).
-being up in Ames with Aubrey (together again!), Caely, Natalie, James, and Nick :)
-having my sister's apartment to go to
-having my own room, hopefully being able to deal with my disease and sickness more easily
-changing my major
-being involved in the Salt Co., Thursday nights!!!
-weekends out at parties, still not drinking.
-Fat Night!!!!
-more new people I will meet, from my new House and dorm and stuff
-being away from mom and dad's problems
-the freedom, of course
-just being back in a place that is now a real home to me!
---------------------------------------------------
I was doing a devotional yesterday afternoon after I opened at Trop Sno, and I read from this book called Promises, Promises, Promises. It takes verses from The Message version of the Bible and has them categorized in every life situation you can imagine being in, and all it does is encourage and fill you up with the promises of God's Word. It's all so simple and easy to understand too, just black and white, and I like that. Anywayyyy, so these are kind of some main things I was pondering and praying about and writing about:

~Colossians 3:16-17... 'Let the Word of Christ - the Message - have the run of the house. Give it plenty of room in your lives. And sing, sing your hearts out to God! Let every detail in your lives - words, actions, whatever - be done in the name of the Master, Jesus, thanking God the Father every step of the way.'

~on ANGER... 'A gentle response defuses anger, but a sharp tongue kindles a temper-fire.' --Proverbs 15:1

~'Don't hang out with angry people; don't keep company with hotheads. Bad temper is contagious- don't get infected.' --Proverbs 22:24-25

~on BELIEF... 'Keep your eyes open, hold tight to your convictions, give it all you've got, be resolute.' --1 Corinthians 16:13

~relating to Justin's talk last Thursday at Immersion... James 2:14-17... essentially: 'God-talk without God-acts is outrageous nonsense!' (like the shell of a locust...... get the connection?)

~Dimensions of good character:
Spiritual understanding, alert discipline, passionate patience, reverent wonder, warm friendliness, generous love..... develop and build on these.
----------------------------------------------------

I'm learning how to be content with what God gives me. The end! <3

No comments: