Monday, April 30, 2007

I should be studying for Psych right now...

things are much better in my life right now, for starters.

my best friend and I resolved our issues. she called me on friday afternoon and we agreed the whole thing was stupid and then proceeded in having an amazing conversation, one that I desperately needed to have with her. i needed that encouragement. i needed it bad. Everything is better when you have someone who shares and understands what's going on- no matter what it is.

i'm spending every single day with the helser gang, as much time as possible... before we say goodbye for 3 months until next fall (which is gonna rock, when it gets here!). i'm bummed out. well, more like MAJORLY bummed out, but I've already gone through the emotional stage with all of that, so no need to cry about it now and get all worked up.

i had an amazing weekend with them, full of studying, movies, working out at the rec, playing tennis, just hanging out, relaxing in the sun, not stressing.

i don't get stressed about tests, or even the big final exams anymore. i just study, hope for the best, and get on with life. no need to get all anxious and crap beforehand. it's better this way, i've noticed.

walking back from the rec and tennis last night with steve and mel, i had kidney stone pain :( it was only a level 4 or 5 and never got worse than that, so that was good. they walked a lot slower because of me, but they were awfully nice about it and tried to take my mind off of it as we walked back to helser. i was almost in tears having to walk up all the stairs to my room, but steve slowed way down (i'm talking very noticeable change in pace) for me and we took it one step at a time.. haha. it's weird having new friends who have never seen my kidney pain happen, until last night of course... but anyway, i showered and wrote for a while then went to bed and the pain decreased rapidly when i got back to my room (i had been drinking about 5 gallons of water, that's why!). besides the kidney pain, it was a fantastic night.. we played tennis for almost an hour and a half, and we were all playing really well so it was more fun than if we were sucking, hah.. then we went to the rec, steve lifted, mel lifted and did the eliptical (sp?), and i ran a mile on the track. it feels so great to exercise, especially after all the studying we've had to do. :)

today- 2 finals done. I already found out I got a B on my poli. sci. 215 final, wooo! but the Soc 134 exam kicked my butt... seriously.. lamesauce. i don't like sociology. i liked learning about modern vs. post-modernism.... and understand the two in comparison to each other, but everything else i learned i just feel is pretty much worthless pieces of crap. oh well. he was a cool teacher at least.

one more final on Wednesday, then I'm done with my freshman year of college. yeahhh!!! i knew i could make it :). ha. there were definitely times i thought i would never get to this point, but... here i am i guess.

i'm not really ready to go "home" to west des moines. i mean i'm ready for the city, for the people, and for getting a job and working this summer. but i'm not ready to be in a house with parents for 3 months. it's just going to be a weird adjustment I think. the college life is THE life, pretty much. so we'll see how this goes. plus, my sister is gonna be out of the country and gone working at camp in Missouri for pretty much all summer- which i don't like at all! i don't know what i'm gonna do without her in my life for those months. i guess i'll deal.

i'm at the library right now.......... and this might be the first time i've been in the library allllllll year. yep. this past weekend and today i've done a lot of studying outside, and i studied with steve, bryce, and andrew in Howe Hall, and a little in my room (hard, distracting)... but this is the first time i'm studying in the good ol' library. so I should probably focus on studying my Psych 230 stuff instead of typing this. yeahhh. probably. i'm only writing this blog right now because i never get wireless in my room anymore. it's lame. really lame. soo..

byeeeeee!

No comments: