Monday, April 09, 2007

...we'll make the best of what's around!

This past weekend made me realize how much I don't really want this year at Iowa State to end. When I wasn't eating or at church with my sister, I was pretty much with Steve, Brek and Mel. We weren't ever actually "doing" anything interesting... just sitting in Steve's room, watching movie after movie on tv, listening to Dave and our other favorites. That's just it. It doesn't matter where we are or what we're doing. What matters is that I was with them. Some of my favorite memories of my freshman year at ISU are of the four of us, just laying on the futon in Steve's room. Doing nothing. But I'm gonna remember it. They're special to me.

I honestly don't want this school year to end. I mean... I want the SCHOOL part to end, for sure.. but not everything else about being up here.

I'm really, really, really going to miss being only ONE floor away from Steve, Brek, Andrew, Bryce, and all the Livingston guys. I can't believe we only have 3 or 4 weeks left here, together. Gosh, that's just killing me right now. I can't believe I'm going to be separated from all of them for 3 months this summer. It's just hard to think about at the moment... I know I'll be reunited with them next fall- we're all living in Friley.. me on the side by arches, the guys on the opposite side. But still... I just don't want this to end. And I didn't think this would happen. I thought that since I had all my great friends from Des Moines up here at ISU with me, I wouldn't find another group of people so special and dear to my heart. But it happened, I don't know how, but it did. It all started when Steve randomly showed up at my door that one night in December- I never would have met all the guys on 3rd floor without him asking me to go to that track meet with him. That's so crazy!!!!

Man, I'm just drinking it all in. All the things that happened. All the people I let into my world without even knowing it, and all the people that I slowly let into my heart. I can't even think right now about being back home, and not being able to walk down one floor and just slip into Steve and Chris's room and end up staying for hours... watching Andrew and Steve play NBA Street....yelling Hot Sauce!!! and Big Fatty!!!.... and Bryce coaching Steve on how to finish The Lion King levels on his ancient sega genesis.. hahaha. I can't imagine not seeing them in the dining center every single night at approximately 6:15 pm.... or getting a call from Brek to come down and sit in-between him and Steve on the futon and help them take out all of their "to be" verbs in their english papers. After every "break" we had this semester, I would be so eager to go down to 3rd floor and see "my bros" haha, cause I couldn't help but miss them, even if it was just for a week like Spring Break. I never would have gone to a single party this year if it hadn't been for Brek, Mel and Steve. I never would have experienced that scene, which is a part of college that I can stay away from, but still be apart of (does that make sense hopefully?).

Memories are just flowing uncontrollably right now. I guess this is just another year that must come to an end.... which, is sad, yes. But, I am happy to have made so many memories with new friends, and to have had so many new experiences because of them. I can always hold onto the fact that... everything happens for a reason. And just leave it at that. <3

"...turns out not where but WHO you're with that really matters, that really matters..."
-dave matthews band

No comments: