Friday, April 13, 2007

stay or leave, I want you not to go, but you should.


I love best friends.

I love having that one person that just understands you, no matter what.

I love having someone who always knows how to lift you up, no matter what situation or mood you're in.

I love that we literally cannot go more than 2 weeks without seeing each other... if we don't, we both go crazy.

I love that I can't even explain what she means to me, and I know I mean the same to her.

I love that she's with me at the beginning of a risky adventure, stays with me for the climax, and is still with me at the end when everything falls apart.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note.

My words on a certain matter, straight from my moleskine:

In that moment...

I was thinking so much
because I was feeling so much
I was feeling every word that escaped from his lips
and feeling them sink into my skin

But nothing could come back out
I could not speak

There I was, there you were
thinking, feeling
overwhelmed
unable to coherently speak anything

My defeated words
stuck in my throat
and my weary heart
beating so hard and so fast
I thought it was trying
to jump right out of me

The air seemed thick
making it harder to breathe
but I kept breathing
I was trying to be steady
I was trying to stay calm
trying my best to be strong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O Emily...
these are beautiful words, they are.
i absolutely love it!
...and you of course! :)