Friday, February 29, 2008

"I'll never let go Jack, I'll never let go..."

Wilson is a black and white furry little thing... the cutest little cat you'll ever meet. He loves to be hugged and held. He loves jumping from the ledge onto my shoulder and hanging out there for a while, purring as I scratch his fluffy little head. He likes to jump and climb up Bekah's leg into her arms. Wilson is a nice cat. Wilson is the best. Wilson warms my heart.

Chastity is a vibrant 4-year-old girl. She is a little angel, so innocent and so pure, a mini version of myself, blonde-haired child full of adventure and a love to snuggle. Full of creativity and already something special inside of her to express- she already has began making pottery and painting them with fantastic colors. They are exquisite.

Remington is the cutest 6 year old boy ever, with a smile that will break your heart, eyes so wide and open to learning about the world around him. He has such an imagination and such energy. We talk about our favorite Airhead flavors and he brings out his Pokemon card collection to show me what he has. Rem is the big bro to his little sisters. He is so fun and expressive.

Hope is a little baby, almost 1 year old. She's this little thing that cries a lot and is really loud, but most the time she just fascinates me. Her smile is so goofy and alluring all at the same time. She's learning how to high-five. She's this tiny angel staring up at me wondering who I am and I just feel a great desire rise up inside of me to show her how to live in this world the best I can. Babies freak me out initially, but Hope is inescapable- she draws me towards her every time, and I just want to see what she's going to do next.

Chief is an old, old, old dog. A rottweiler. he's big. He's got the cutest, old, wrinkly looking face and snout... SO cute. but this bellowing bark he feels the need to let us know he is still fierce and young and able to scare people away if he had to. silly Chief. First time I met him, thought I was going to lose my hand when he snapped at me and barked viciously. Now, I walk by him and it's like he has no power over me- I'm the master. it took a couple days, but he really is just a gentle giant dog that's really old and turned senile. Like your grumpy grandpa. yeah.

5 reasons I have been so filled with JOY this week. Every moment that comes, I'm seeing God pouring out His love for me all around me in every little thing. It's absolutely amazing and overwhelming to be so blessed and to see His love for me in the sweet little angels the kids I'm now living with are and Wilson the cat and Chief the dog. I just love the whole bunch. God is so good.

No comments: