Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Hinder is depressing and needs to never be played on the radio when I drive somewhere and forget to grab my CD's :(

This summer is off to a good start, I think. It's early though.... hard to tell for sure. And of course there's no real way to predict what will happen and what will not. But at least I can have an idea.

I now have a summer membership at Aspen Athletic. It's right across the street from Glen Oaks so I can jog over there whenever I feel like working out. My personal goal is to work out at least 3 times a week throughout the whole summer... which includes running outside around Glen Oaks at least twice a week. Working out keeps me healthy. Honestly it's changed lots of things for me and they've all been positive changes. I eat better because I burn calories working out, and I'm eating healthier in general. I'm drinking better (that sounds weird, but with my kidney situation it's super important and I've always had a thing with drinking enough..), so my kidneys aren't giving me problems, I haven't gotten horribly ill from a cold or anything, and my body just feels better overall. So far this week I've worked out at Aspen (eliptical, planks, and lifted) twice, and I've ran outside once. So one more nightly run and another work out at Aspen, and I'm gonna try to keep that my weekly workout plan. yayyyyyy. I honestly haven't felt this amazing in a long time. I've always loved my body and I've always had a really good self-image since I've never had to worry about being overweight or any major physical problems, but this is truly a great feeling to have toned legs and abs and actually have muscle in my arms that is strong (it's gettin' there...) hehe.

GUESS WHAT??? I have a job interview on Friday at 2:30! YEAH! I'm so ready to be away from my house and working and actually doing something with my life instead of being a bum. I want to thank Aubrey, Caely and my mom for pushing me to do it as soon as possible. I know it's not a 100% sure thing that I'll get the job... but I can pretty much say with confidence they're gonna offer me a job. I've decided that if the pay is good, I'll take it no questions asked. I just really need this job. I need it more than anything right now. I need to bring in my own money so that my parents don't have me to worry about when they can barely pay the bills for our house. I need this job so that the burden will be lifted off of me to somehow begin to fix this financial problem. It's like a big open sore, just festering right in front of me, and all I want to do is clean it and heal it and make it better so that the sore doesn't hurt anyone else anymore. So... as you can see, this is much more than just getting a job. THis is like the next step in getting back on track with my life.

I watched America's Next Top Model and One Tree Hill with Lindsey tonight at mi casa... it was great :). I had lunch with Caely & Aubs at Panera, then we shopped around for a couple hours for Aubs' prom accessories! I loved it, minus the fact that every shoe in the entire building fit Caely's little feet perfectly ;) aaaand minus the fact that Aubrey bought the cutest shoes ever and I could buy nothinggggg because I have no moneyyyyyy. soon though. soon.

anyway.

I miss Steve. I'm going nuts. :(

No comments: