Tuesday, May 29, 2007

"...this makes me feel that I'll never be quite normal"

so I have an announcement. Here it is...

I have completed my moleskin journal. I received it at the Valley Church Senior Banquet ONE YEAR AGO this month as a present for graduating... and my first entry was on May 11, 2006. I completed the last page of it Monday night... May 28, 2007. Every single page of that thing is filled with my ideas, stories, vents, poetry, hopes, dreams, fears, memories, feelings, and other intangible things of substance that come from my heart. My 2006-2007 moleskin documents one of the craziest, or, rather, THE craziest year of my life thus far... and it does so in my own style, which includes insane rambling, stupid unnecessary details, life altering moments, and raw emotion.

I need to go buy a new moleskin now. I plan on writing in one every year for the rest of my life. They're the greatest journals known to earth.
------------------

New subject.

------------------

I was just thinking... of course I was JUST thinking- I always have flashes of thoughts storm my mind right as I want to calm down and shut the lights off and go to bed. ughhh. haha... yeah....

I actually feel weird tonight going to sleep in my own bed in my own room, and by myself. I didn't feel weird last night because Aubrey was sleeping with me. But for the 3 previous nights I went to bed in Brek's room while I was visiting in Wisconsin. It's strange how it only took 3 nights for me to become habituated in arriving at his home late at night, getting a glass of juice while he had a glass of milk and a snack in the kitchen, walking down the dark staircase, then going to his room, me getting ready for bed and crashing on his huge L-shaped couch, and him doing his nightly routine then crashing in his bed about 10 feet away from me. Every night we did the same thing, and it's actually hilarious when I think about it now. It's always interesting to see people's "nightly routines" or "morning routines"... as Aubrey and I were discussing this morning when we awoke and got ready for the day together in my room. I just feel weird for some reason, being back in my own bed. Maybe because I was so comfortable staying with Brek- haha, which is kind of.. um, odd? yes, a little bit. i dont know, maybe it's the whole college thing. I spent so many late, late, late nights with Brek, Mel and Steve just laying around in Steve's room that I was used to it I guess... or something. I kinda miss hearing Brek ask me if I have enough blankets, if I need another pillow, if I'm warm enough, or bidding me goodnight by saying "well..... see you in the morning Em." haha. dang it, I'm so glad I met them at ISU. So glad.

A light inside a dark tunnel.

sigh. ok. goodnight. <3

No comments: