Saturday, June 09, 2007

"...and I know that it's so cliche to tell you that everyday I spend with you is the new best day of my life"


ok... 4th day without Aubs. I can last 2 more! I have to! but I miss her. She turns 18 today, so everyone should wish her a happy birthday even though she's in Colorado right now.

1st day without the Cancun boys- Mitch, Zach and James. I overreacted earlier about them being gone for a week, but it still stinks because Zach and Mitch are kind of the two guys that I probably call the most to find out what's going on and make plans. They're reliable friends to me.

I worked my first time alone (like without James or Zach or Steven) at Trop Sno yesterday. 8 hours! I thought it would be really awkward when Adam came in to work at 6 (I had been there since 2:30), and it actually was at first, but then things got better. I like to joke around and he didn't really seem to respond like I know my friends would respond, but oh well, not everyone is like me and my friends I guess. I was really tired after closing. Then when I got home at like 10:45, I realized that TODAY.. I work at Express 6 to close, so another 10:30/10:45 night... then tomorrow I open at Trop Sno and work until 6. oh boy! Then I just realized the next 4 days I do the exact same thing every day. I'm also taking care of Aubrey's dog still, and she is a handful. It gives me a lot of joy to be around cute Anja, but she takes a lot of my energy in a very small amount of time haha. Then I've had to do a few other "house tasks" for the Johnsons, like buy dogfood, which was way heavier than I expected and gave me some problems.. haha, water the house plants, feed the cat and the hampster, and stuff like that. I actually have been a very busy, working girl this week. Haha, and, well.. it's not much "work" but I'm taking care of Zach's fish Murdoch this week too! So yeah, things are pretty awesome! But I'm a little tired. And this next week is a week I need to have a lot of energy because I'm going to be working even more.

I've noticed that, even though I am tired and my feet hurt, I have been overall much happier this week.... and I realize that it's because I've been extremely busy and away from the house pretty much all the time except morning time when I wake up and when I go to bed here at night. I haven't been as moody, I haven't been as irritable, I've slept amazingly better at night, and I just feel good about my life. Like I must be doing something right. It's incredible.

How cute are these lyrics, honestly, just look at them:

"We should get jerseys, 'cause we make a great team
but yours would look better than mine, 'cause you're out of my league
and I know that it's so cliche
to tell you that everyday
I spend with you
is the new best day of my life." --Relient K

awwwwwwwwwww!!!! <3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those definitely ARE the cutest lyrics. seriously. :(
makes me so jealous! haha
ooooo emilyyyyy.