Wednesday, June 20, 2007

"what oh what is wrong baby, what oh what is wrong baby?"

This is the time during Summer that actually makes me think to myself- I don't want it to end. I've hit the jackpot. It took me a while to reach this point of contentedness. I'm working two jobs and loving them both. I spend every day with the people who make me happiest. I had an epiphany to get my relationship with God back on track, after months of weariness, bitterness, and distrust. I have consistency in my life, yet I have variety. I have things to look forward to with excitement and things to look back on with fondness. I'm in the middle of something good right now, and I don't want it to stop.

Last Saturday night, Aubrey and I closed up Tropical Sno and got to embrace Zach and James for the first time in 8 days (longer for Aubs). We sat in the Laugerman's house and heard the summary of their trip in Cancun. I almost cried because Zach came into the room and gave me and Aubrey gifts he bought us there. Just knowing somebody thought of you, it's a phenomenal feeling.

Sunday, The Awesome Threesome worked at Trop Sno and closed, then watched Zach's Cancun dvd with everyone at James' house. Then we laid outside in the driveway on Zach's newly purchased Mexican blanket- hahah, which smells like a Mexican garage, I'm serious, it's very distinct.

Monday, I worked with Zach at Trop until close, then 11 of us went and saw the movie Oceans Thirteen. It was a really, really, really good movie! Freaking loved it. It made me think of Steve (the Illinois Steve, not Laugerman) and Brek so much, because of all the gambling.... haha.

Tuesday was a full day! Well first off, I got to sleep in a lot so that was excellente. I worked at Trop with James until 4, then I went to the Raccoon River "beach" (the quotes are a must), where Zach, Kayla, Mitch, and Mike joined me. Zach and I just laid out and talked, but the other three swam a little. Then JR called about disc golfing, so he met us there and we all drove to this park over by South 14th St. in Des Moines- Ewing Park. JR, Mitch, Zach, Kayla, Mike, Sarah and I disc golfed (ok... I just caddied) there, and it was seriously the most beautiful park I've ever seen with a disc golf course in Iowa. It was amazing! JR did back flips for us, Zach ran around and threw sticks and looked like friggin' Mogley... Mitch kept getting beat down by discs, and Kayla showed Sarah her entire right boob pretty much. Eventful, wouldn't you say? Yeah AND fun, for sure :). Oh and I almost forgot to mention me and JR's special moment, where we stood and watched the pretty sunset over the trees together... yep... it was magical.

After that super long disc golf adventure, I was about to pass out from not eating enough all day. I needed calories and I needed them quick! So Zach, JR and I stopped at a BBop's and enjoyed some greasy, delicious, fattening burgers. It was awesome. Definitely necessary. Then we all met back at Raccoon River and hung out in the parking lot not really doing anything for a long time. We did throw a disc around for a while, when it was just me, Mitch, Kayla and Zach left.

Mitch and Kayla headed home, and Zach needed to take his fish Murdoch back to his house FINALLY.. so he came to my house with me to pick him up. It was only like 10:30, and it was Zach's first night of not having a stupid curfew... haha, so we ended up sitting at the end of my driveway for almost 3 hours, just talking. We talked about everything you can imagine. I think we covered everything going on in our lives, everything that could possibly be going through our heads, and everything that is anything. So.... it was a lot! I felt so much better about life in general afterwards. It made me think about a lot of stuff, and I got a lot off my chest, which I probably needed to do. It's beyond me why Zach and I had so many problems being around each other like throughout the past school year, but I think we actually are a lot alike and so it's good for me to talk to him about life. But of course in some ways we are different and that makes me see things in different perspectives. I seriously couldn't love the fact that we had a 3-hour talk at the end of my driveway any more. He was wrapped up in a cocoon in his Mexican blanket, I sipped my hot tea and covered up in my blanket, and then all the sudden it was 2 in the morning and I wanted to go to bed.

I told Zach something that I possibly have never really discussed with anyone else, at least not that I can remember.... and it was about my number one struggle and downfall in life, being my pride. My huge, fat pride. My pride is like an avalanche. My pride hits and it tumbles and one by one it ravages every aspect of my life and covers everything in a thick blanket of snow so that I am unable to see anything, and then it suffocates me. It is a huge chain reaction, because once I puff up with pride, I want to be in control and depend on myself. I want to fix things. Even with good intentions, pure intentions, I just want to make things better- but at the root of it all, it's because I can't stand feeling helpless, powerless.

So we decided I just have to make myself a garden brick that reads "God is in control today AND tomorrow." It's a daily struggle for me. It has to be a garden brick because a garden brick that read "the problem with problems is they are rarely seen as opportunities" changed Zach's life. haha. Ummm so, I just love Zach to death, and I love our talks for sure.

Anyway, today I worked with Zach until close at Trop. We had about 50 mood swings between the two of us inside that little shack. We had a lot of fun though too, haha. Throughout the evening, Caely, Bry, Linds, Luke and JR all showed up and hung out. Luke even helped take orders when it got super busy around 9 until close. After we closed, Zach, Luke and I threw Zach's frisbee around in the parking lot and listened to Luke's sweet rap music. Then we went to James' house to drop off the Trop stuff, and ended up throwing the frisbee in his culdesac for a really long time. Aubrey met up with us there and the four of us threw the frisbee, and then James realized we were outside his house (we didn't know where he was but apparently he was inside the whole time on facebook! geez!), haha, so he joined us outside. Aubs, Zach, James and I started watching Nacho Libre later, but Aubrey and I got kicked out by James' dad because of the 12:30 rule. uh ohhhh. So we better finish that movie sometime soon, cause it was hilarious!

So now you know why I'm content. I can only hope it lasts longer this time than before.
Love!
<3

1 comment:

Ryan Tow said...

That post makes me really miss the summers where your time is your own and you pack about six months of life into three.