Thursday, June 14, 2007

"Well if you love me then just love me, don’t you give me pretty words."

Another long day of work is over :)

I freaking love opening in the morning for Tropical Sno. Let me explain why. First of all, when I wake up in the morning, I don't like to talk very much... because I'm waking up and I enjoy quiet until I'm fully awake. I like to peacefully wake up. And when I open, it's just me, I'm all by myself and I just do what I have to do. When I get to the Trop Sno shack, I put in my favorite CD either by The Almost or Haste The Day, and it pumps me up for the day. After I've done all the opening duties and such and change the "closed" sign to "open"- then it's time to sit down and draw in my sketchbook and listen to music. I don't feel very inspired when I'm just at home, so it's hard for me to sit down and draw and let the artsy part of me flow out. But when I'm sitting inside Tropical Sno ready for a long day's work, waiting for the first customer, I am inspired. I get inspired whenever I go somewhere, it's weird but that's a fact. It's so nice. Some days I even get to sit outside on one of the picnic tables and let the sun warm me up and it makes me feel so great because it makes me realize over and over again that it's summer, which makes me so happy. I sit there and wait for someone to show up, and I draw and think.. sometimes I just sit there not doing anything at all. It is wonderful.

Then, the best part is, right when I start to feel a little lonely and want to be busy doing something, somebody shows up, maybe even the regulars that I see every day. So then I get to make people's day by making them a refreshing, tasty sno cone. I love all the people I see every day. I love people asking me what flavors are in a Lover's Delight or a Rock N' Roll, and having them all completely memorized like I'm some kind of Tropical Sno Guru. haha.

Then right when I can't handle making the list of sno cones that have been ordered, either Tim or Aubrey or Kayla shows up and then we team-up and it's awesome. Every time I worked with Tim I had so much fun because we talked about shows and music the whole time and he is just super funny. And then of course working with Kay and Aubs was amazing. Aubrey and I were so freaking goofy for the first half, then we both got really crabby because it was stressful and things got crazy haha, but then we cheered each other up and it was great. Kayla and I are basically Tropical Sno CHAMPIANS.... honestly, dealing with the 20 thousand kids from Kids West that showed up today right during a huge rush, YEAH, we rocked that and although we kind of wanted to break down and cry afterwards, we didn't, we just kept going because we had to... people never stopped coming. Which is great for Steve. He's gotten SOOO much business this week because of how hot it's been. Seriously, Tropical Sno is *the* place to be at any time of day when it's 85 degrees and humid.

Tomorrow is going to be a pretty crappy day, not gonna lie. but I'll be making a lot of money, so it is worth it. I work open to 3 pm at Tropical Sno, which isn't bad- 5 hours compared to 8 hours all the other days I've worked there... but then at 5 I got to my job at Express and work til close- 10:30. so that's 10 and a half hours total. I'm gonna want to die.. for sure. But i'll make it I suppose.

I'm absolutely crazy about The Wedding's new album- Polarity. It is AMAZING. Every song is my favorite song. "Say Your Prayers" is pretty great.
"Look at this broken world; look at my children.
Look at this broken world; look at my children.

Get ready go; sing to me the right song.
Look up say your prayers on the steps of the capitol.
Look up say your prayers, on your knees.
Look up say your prayers.
Look up say your prayers.
You wanted it to be like you always thought it would
but all you seem to accomplish is the opposite.

You wanna walk with me, do ya?
You wanna walk with me.
Well if you love me then just love me,
don’t you give me pretty words.
Lay your life down at the altar.
Let me see how serious you are."
--The Wedding
Well I'm gonna shower now, then hopefully I'll be meeting up with Bry, Aubrey, and whoever else can hang out.
Lata. <3

No comments: