Monday, August 21, 2006

First Day

First day of classes.

English 105- chill teacher. a nice, peaceful walk in the morning, since it's my farthest class. I'm anticipating a pretty rigorous class in this one though, even if Anja (my instructor) seems so relaxed.

JL MC 101- freaking awesome. I have this class with Catherine, Ben Bjork, Zach, JR, and Jake. I'm pretty happy about that. PLUS... my professor is HILARIOUS. She says whatever the heck she wants and doesn't hold back one bit. She makes fun of everyone and I love it. She's just so funny, I can't wait to go back to this class.

Geology 100- eh. not too excited, but I want to
get some of my gen. ed. science credits out of the way soo badly, I just want to take this class and get it over with. It's probably the most interesting science class I could take too... seriously, I hate science classes so much, this will be boring and bland to me, but it will at least be tolerable. My teacher is sort of odd, sometimes it's difficult to understand what she said... she has a thick accent, a mix of Italian (where she was born), and Swedish (she lived in Scandinavia). Not to mention, her husband is Australian. Cool dude.

Spanish 201- I am dropping it in about 5 minutes. I kid you not, it was the most frustrating 50 minutes of my life, I was sweating so much from anxiety and shock that I felt gross and sticky afterwards, enough to make me shower immediately when I got back to my dorm. My professor is from Peru. His english sounds exactly like his Spanish, seriously. I could understand maybe 5 complete sentences that he spoke, and he spoke the entire 50 minutes of class in Spanish... min
us 2 or 3 sentences, if that. I was just freaking out the entire time, and those 50 minutes felt like 50 hours. haha... oh man. I talked to my mom about it and I basically decided it's not worth it to stick it out. I'm taking too many credits anyway, and for it being my freshman year of college... well, to be honest, I'd like to actually have fun this year. lol. So I'm going to ease my load a little bit and enjoy not studying my life away.

Plus, I haven't even had my Political Science class, Library 160 later on in the semester, JL MC 110 orientation class, orrrr my university studies class for the Hixson Scholars. So I think I have quite a load already without the Spanish. Ok? Ok. :-)

1 comment:

Jennifer VM said...

So sad about your Spanish class! Sounds like a good idea to drop it if it's going to be that hair-pulling bad.

Love you dear!