Thursday, August 24, 2006

So long, Pluto my friend.

I have just been informed of a very tragic piece of news. Are you ready for this?

Pluto is no longer a planet in our Solar System. According to astronomers, the ex-planet has been demoted, stripped of its title, and will no longer have the status of being the 9th planet. Sadly, we will have to carry on our lives with the 8 remaining planets in the Solar System. The acronym MVEMJSUNP, that I learned from Screech Powers during an episode of Saved by the Bell, must now be re-memorized as MVEMJSUN... with no popping 'p' at the end. Oh, what a sad day this really is for us all.

I would like to take this moment to reflect on what a good 9th planet Pluto has always been up until its demotion...............................

That will do.

I hope for the sake of our other 8 planets, that they will continue to "...dominate their orbits around the Sun." For if they do not take heed, will Neptune be next???

Oh, Pluto. Pluto, Pluto, Pluto. You will be surely missed. Though you are now only a "dwarf planet" in the minds of researchers and astronomers everywhere, you will always be Pluto, the 9th planet in our Solar System, in my heart. Farewell to thee...

::end news flash::

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope I don't get stripped of my status.

Travis said...

In my workplace it's been suggested that Pluto get nuked, to set an example for all the other planets so they don't get all high and mighty on us. I don't really think it's a good idea though.