Monday, August 28, 2006

West Des Moines will always be my home.//Cookies are a sure way to get to my heart... or at least, my vote.

Well I spent the weekend back home in West Des Moines. It was wonderful, absolutely wonderful. I spent Friday and Saturday night with Aubrey, Bry, James, Alex, Mike, Zach, Kayla, Mitch, Lindsey, & Maddie. I spent all day Saturday with my mom... including time relaxing at home and just talking about things, shopping at the mall, getting coffee & visiting Aubs while she worked... it was just what I wanted. Then I had the idea to invite my parents to have dinner with me at Red Robin, only my favorite place ever since I worked there this summer :-). So, not only did I have a good dinner with my parents, but I got to see all my co-workers and friends from Red Robin, including my buddy T.J.! It was fantastic. Saturday night, Aubrey came over after a long day of dance auditions & work, and we relaxed our muscles in the hottub and talked. It was SO good for me, and I couldn't have asked for a better weekend home. Sunday morning, I intended to go to church, but I chose not to after waking up and realizing my throat was swollen. Apparently my allergies are now full-fledged and ravaging my body. Instead, Aubrey & I had lunch together at Panera, visited w/ Mike & Zach at the mall for a little bit, then Aubs and I just hung out with my parents at my house til Zach & Mike picked me up to leave. I was so sad to leave home again. I just want to be there right now!

Today started off rainy and cold. Walking across campus for my 9 oclock class was not very enjoyable, but tolerable. I had a phase in the mid-morning/early-afternoon where I was just sad and depressed, I just really wanted to be home. Today was also the first lunchtime I actually ate by myself at the udcc. I didn't feel good at all, I've actually felt pretty sick all day. My body is fatigued and my mind is stressed. My throat is sore and my stomach is nauseous. Blah. I took a nap from 3:3o-5:30, then Catherine and I ended up eating dinner at the udcc with Tim A. and some of his friends. After that I felt happier and I came back up here and just sat on my laptop here for a while on facebook and what not, then started digging into my homework.

I am also very eager and nervous for soccer tryouts tomorrow night. Actually... I'm like totally freaking out!!!!! but... it'll be ok. If i make it, sweet. if not, whatev, I've been content not playing on a competitive team for a year, it will be like nothing has changed. I'm trying to not let the anxiety consume me, but it's hard because I'm just so dang scared! even when I love soccer so much, I've never been completely confident with my ability in it, like I have a lot of confidence.. but I wouldn't go so far to say that I'm completely and absolutely confident. So if you think about me, pray for me at 6 pm Tuesday and on Wednesday!

Another thing that happened tonight worthy of mentioning... the house of boys right around the corner hall from my house, they are in the house Richey (I am in Fleming), came knocking on all of our doors around 9:30, telling us to go to the den. They had cookies and cookie dough for us! But that's not the sweetest part... one of the guys was playing a harp! a real, huge HARP! He's like a music-business major or something, so he plays the harp and he's just amazing! haha. it was so cute, we had harp music playing in the background, and all of us girls were just enjoying the cookies and cookie dough and talking to all the guys in the den. I actually felt like I was talking to people haha... and I was actually enjoying myself... which is good, lol. I was just really excited the guys had cookie dough for us. One guy even came back with milk for everyone, haha, b/c everyone was getting thirsty. Livingston and Elwood are two other guy houses that are fighting to be our brother-house.... but I'm pretty sure I know who I'm voting for! Let me give you a hint... I basically said at the beginning, whoever gives us food, gets my vote. haha. There you go.

I took an extra long shower tonight and enjoyed the hot water after a cold, gloomy day. It was nice.

I miss home.

No comments: