Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Home from Raleigh

Oh my goodness. I am home from North Carolina. It was a long day of flying because of some long flight delays, but I've never felt so great after flying 3 hours, seriously. In the past, I've always felt woozy and nauseous, but coming home today was smooth and relaxing. Loved it.

I was only gone for a week, but I feel weird being home in Iowa, a little out of place even. I'd be lying if I told anyone I don't miss Adam and North Carolina already, 'cause I do... I really, really do. North Carolina is the most beautiful state ever, but I guess I can't say that since I haven't traveled to every state yet. I still think it's gorgeous. I love the trees. We think the things we have in Iowa are trees.... that's laughable when you see Raleigh! There is so much history in that city, I just love it. Gosh, the South really is different from the Midwest. People are people, yeah, but there's something about the way those Southerners are that I noticed all week, and the other time I was there last year as well.

I have to go to sleep real quick here because I work in the morning and my body clock is actually telling me that it's an hour later than what it is right now... but one more thing before I go- Adam is so special to me, he will always be in my heart. I miss him so much already. I'm incredibly grateful to have met him 3 years and 5 months ago and still be close to him to this day, even though we live 1200 miles away from each other. God must be taking care of everything that gets lost in the distance. Thank you Father.

No comments: