Thursday, October 11, 2007

I cannot guess what we'll discover...

With all the stuff going on in my life, I don't want to forget to "smell the roses" as the old saying goes. On my way to class this afternoon, I walked through central campus and it was just absolutely beautiful. My eyes beheld startling colors of red and gold amongst the trees, the sky a perfect deep blue with soft, white clouds. Everything was just lovely. And God made it all for us to enjoy. I love all of our human senses, but sight is special isn't it? Colors warm my soul. They please my eyes when I see them. The air was crisp, but not unpleasantly cold. I appreciated the nature all around me. I love this campus. When I first came to Iowa State, I recognized it for its beauty immediately. I just love it. God really cares about us to give us such beauty to be surrounded by all the time, even beauty in the changing of the seasons. Thinking about it just makes me sigh and get into a dreamy state where nothing can really go wrong, everything is just sort of in its rightful place.

No comments: